fb icon

fb icon
Follow E-tek on fb!

January 2, 2023

E-tek Restorations - A short History




I've been in the business of cars - both professionally and as a hobby - my entire life. My father was a master mechanic and painter, arriving in Canada from Germany and opening his own shop in 1963. It was there that I learned body, paint and mechanical work. 

To say my father was a perfectionist is an understatement. He trained with Mercedes and Jaguar before coming to Canada to specialize in those marquees before branching out into all other makes.

Over my teen and young adult years, my interests evolved to restoring and "resto-moding" cars, as well as racing, re-styling, buying & selling. But it was my education in the sciences that led me to take it to a level that would change the way I saw vehicles and how I used the materials and tools of the trade.

Like many of you, I've had many project cars of my own, both foriegn and domestic. From Datsun 510's & 240Z's to MOPAR's and 'stangs (the ones that got away!). 

 In 2003, I finally decided to get serious and turn my hobby into a quest for "restoration perfection"! I continually look for new ways to make the restoration process better: from finding new materials and tools to work with, to honing my skills in metalwork, paint, interior work and mechanics.