fb icon

fb icon
Follow E-tek on fb!

January 21, 2014

I'm not a hater....but

I hate to trash other peoples work, but WOW!.... Whoever did these skins were either drunk - or trying to do a terrible job of it! Check out the rough edges, Very little (if any!) paint or undercoat used and the use of just a few spot welds to attach it all:





The inner fenders where sliced and punched in to fit into the skins wheel arch. No welding here, just sealer and filler:



This method was so poor at sealing to the quarter panel that it came away without any trace!

And the striker panel....the inner piece below is as I found it. It appears as though they started to cut it out, then realized it had to stay, so tried to repair (some of) it. 





Here's just one of the reasons I use dedicated rust paints - if there's a joint, there's gonna be rust:



A little bit of patch work to be done here :(





The dirty work - removing undercoating - 



All cleaned up 



__________________
Check out all my projects in my Project Thread at www.GarageJournal.com
Website: www.E-TekRestorations.com