fb icon

fb icon
Follow E-tek on fb!

April 5, 2015

Porsche Boxster update - show and go!

And now for a little something different....

 I wanted to show my mistress, a 2001 Porsche Boxter -S, a little extra love this season, so in additon to new O2 sensors and an oil change, I bought some decals and strip-lights to add a little show to the go -



First, I sprayed down the O2 sensors with penetrating oil to make removal easier -


Then, while waiting for the penetrating spray to do its job, I undid the sump oil bolt


After releasing the now black (?!) oil, I changed out the filter                               

While still on the underside, I uethe O2 sensors and swapped them out using this great set of tube-pliers to press the tab and bull out the plug-end


 Gettingto the "show" part of the work, I taped the side decals on, peeled the backing paper off, then squeegeed them down.












                                 I cut the ends a bit away from the edges to finish them out:






I love my toys!